Hello, dear readers! As you may have read, Bound and Gagged has recently celebrated its six month anniversary. So it was lovely to see that the extremely talented Callie Garp, feminist artist extraordinaire, has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award. If anyone I have nominated does not wish to partake, no problemo. I thought, at the very least, this award would be a nice way to give a shout out to the awesome blogs out there.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So, I suppose this is where I tell you seven things about myself.
1. The memory part of my brain is larger than in average humans. I have the scan to prove it. If only I could harness this for something other than useless factoids.
2. I have a fear of ceramic penguins due to the movie Misery. Don’t judge me ’til you watch it.
3. I can recite Eddie Izzard in Old Norse.
4. I hated my prominent nose until LOTR hit theatres and Cate Blanchett had my nose. If a badass Elven queen like Galadriel could rock it, so could I. I now wear it as a badge of honor.
5. I have read four different translations of the Rāmāyaṇa, as well as numerous oral variations and modern retellings. Anthropology student, ho!
6. I am related to Aaron Burr and Louisa May Alcott.
7. When I was a kid, my goal was to win the Iditarod Dog Sled Race. Or to be one of those people who lives with wolves for ten years. Needless to say I gave up on that dream.